Thursday, September 6, 2012

Suzuki's Japanese Carenderia

Suzuki's Japenese Carenderia ( Suzuki Hapon Carenderia)
Hermosa St., Tondo (Clemente St.), Manila, , Philippines
‎3830734 Nanay Edith
Store hours: 5:00PM-11:00PM

If you are craving for a budget friendly Japanese food, well this could be a great suggestion for you guys.

My hubby and I love to try different kind of dining and food trip experience. Good thing, it was featured in POPTALK way back year 2011and we really have to find it and give it a try. We also love Japenese food since my inlaws also cook Japanese food when they got the chance to visit the Philippines and we usually ate at Japanese fastfood in the mall. That's why hearing about this carenderia excites me because i would be able to try something new...

It is my husband who first tried it. Right after it was featured in the TV program POPTALK a lot of customer visited them which they really didnt expect.  That is why, it took them almost 2 hours before the food is served, it is because it is only Toshi and his wife Nanay Edith who cook and prepare upon your order and aside from the place is really that small.  But then again, it's worth the wait....a real authentic Japanese food at a very affordable price and of course the experience will not be completed without me. My husband see to it that we will be there again soon, fortunately he get their numbers, so we can order in advance and avoid a long wait. So, we get back there each time we get a chance....and I guess for 5 times now.


Last night, we decided to visit again..even it's raining hard that night, it does'nt matter, we just wait 'till it subsided. My husband is excited as if it is his first time to eat there. But then, suddenly ...Oh my, we are lost because it's been a while since the last time we ate there and we usually ate at the new branch but it was already closed ( for good)  so we headed to original branch at Hermosa. Maybe because the carenderia is small and cannot really notice much if you're not familiar with the place we can't find it. Almost losing hope and thought of looking for another place to dine, fortunately we be able to pass by a gasoline station which makes my husband remember the place. Yahooo!!! we found it. Good thing there is no long line of customer, maybe because of the bad weather and there still one available table for us.



Daddy Toshi and Nanay Edith is not there, which i thought they were the one who will cook for us. According to Nanay Edith's sister they were at the new branch. I haven't had the chance to ask where is it, I'll just text her some other time. 



I wonder who will cook for us then, because as I understand, it is only Toshi who could cook our favorite fried rice before, we usually request for friedrice most of the time... By the way, they don't serve Japanese rice...just a typical rice we have here in the Philippines..

What surprises me is the one busy cooking at the kitchen...Suzuki Sadatsugu ( Philippine survivor castoff 2011).  Imagine, this cute guy, is cooking for us..He is just wearing an ordinary white T-shirt and Jershey shorts. Bad thing, i didn't get the chance to take a picture with him, it's because I'm already with the most handsome and georgeous man on earth  ( for me...my husband...hehehehe ) Hmmmm...and infairness, he really cooks exactly the same as his Daddy Toshi =).



One thing I observed, prices already rise for about P10 to P15 but still cheaper compare with others that offer Japanese Food. 

Menu and Price
Gyoza

Okonomiyaki

Tokatsu
Love the Fried rice and the presentation.

Sorry for the pict it's Kinda dark =).. Look at the wooden table...

But reminder to picky diners, the place is not a typical restaurant that serves japanese food since it is just an ordinary carenderia (turo-turo) in a small place , not air-conditioned, with few old wooden tables and chairs and uses plastic plate. What an extraordinary to this carenderia is the food that they serve. All foods are readily cook upon your order using only a two-burner stove which I've heard Toshi (chef)  brought all the way from Japan and you could also get the chance to sneak and watch while Toshi cooks for you. and of course the authenticity of the food that taste like you're dining in a classy japanese resto. They also  don't sell drinks except that they serve cold water, so if you want, you may buy softdrinks or any drinks in the nearby store. There's also no CR ( oh my, which unfortunately I always need because I usually pee after drinking, i dont know with me why i really cant hold much liquid in my body) so better pee before you go there... In my case... I just look for nearby gasoline station...hahahaha. Good thing, they have sink where you can wash your hands..(you may also help wash the dishes if you want..hahaha)

-cutesmile35


3 comments:

  1. friends, the have been relocated to a new place at Del fierro st. gagalangin tondo. from their old location ride a jeep going to divisoria at ask the driver to drop you off to Del fierro st. from there you may walk going to suzuki hapon.

    here is a google map link
    https://www.google.com.ph/maps/place/Earnshaw+St/@14.6270813,120.971469,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x3397b5ec72f1323d:0xe1d4b18bac7e9d5d

    ReplyDelete