Saturday, September 22, 2012

Korean Tummy Craze at Don Day Fresh Restaurant

Korean mania strikes Philippines...from koreanovela to Gangnam style dance craze...and now food. This is my first time to try Korean food. I've been hearing a lot of people enjoying Korean dishes, so as an adventurous foodie like me I really like to try it but I am looking for a very good alternative for an expensive restaurant that will offer quality and affordable authentic Korean dishes. ('sing sarap pero di 'sing mahal) -being a thrifty foodie. 
Until we came across at Don Day Fresh Restaurant located at Malingap St. Teachers Village which offers eat-all-you-can authentic Korean buffet at P199.00 and eat-all-you-can Samgyupsal (Samgyeopsal) at P299.00. By the way in Korea, Don-Day means Pork Day where pork is the main course on the menu. So to those whose expecting for sea foods, this is not a best place for you.

Menu
The place is not air-conditioned but well ventilated because of wide open window and electric fan. There is wooden tables and chairs. 
dining area
The buffet table, though there is really not much Korean dishes to choose from but for the price of P199.00-P299.00 it is just enough.



The appetizer
Kimchi pancake,  Fried potato, pajeon and hobakjeon
Dynamite ( fried green chili pepper),
nori roll and Chungwon (Korean spring roll)
Sweet marble potato
Croquettes :
deep fried mashed potato roll covered with breadcrumbs  
Korean sushi
Kimchi
The main course
Tangsuyuk(sweet and sour pork), Korean adobo and Bonchon
Sauteed vegetable, pork sliced and Stir fried beef
a taste of Samgyeopsal


empty plate..
I even got my change...

Overall, for first timer, I really enjoyed it, though I am not a big fan of Korean food but I was satisfied..because at first i thought that Korean food are also raw meat but it's not. Most dishes are also similar with the usual buffet. Yummy!!!

P.S. By the way try not to wear black top if you don't want to be mistaken as staff. (hehehe, I just remove my yellow top when I spilled sauce on it...then when I got back, one customer is already asking for table reservation and asking assistance..and I wonder why??? then I just realized it is because all staffs are wearing black...nyaaaahhh)

Don-Day Fresh Restaurant
40 Malingap St., Teachers Village Q.C.
435-05-28

No comments:

Post a Comment