Monday, April 30, 2012

Ilocos Norte Philippines

Byaheng Norte Summer 2012

Yeheay!!! We made it! An almost 15 hour motorcycle ride all the way to Ilocos Norte. ( as usual I'm just a backride of one of the best rider ...Arvin ( hahaha my hubby).
To give you an idea how far it is, this is the map of the North part of the Philippines.



When I first heard that the next motor trip will be at Ilocos, I'm quite hesitant if I could take that far, or if I may...will my rider be able to endure driving that far with a (cute)  backride like me? 
Of course, I'll go for it!  since i! for sure it's gonna be a great adventure and experience since I've been hearing a lot of things about the wonder of Ilocos aside from of course their delicacies like bagnet, crispy dinuguan, empanada and a lot more..... By the way we are travelling together with the Malabon Motorcycle Group SBK

15-hour travel is not easy coz it could be a life threatening adventure but because Ilocos is full of spectacular scenery, it's all worth it.


Let me share with you our travel adventure...

Preparation: We will be there for 5 days. We packed our things...We made sure that it is not too bulky since it's hard to drive and we don't have compartment. We left the house at 10:00PM

The group decided to start our adventure at 10:00PM ( from Malabon) and since were from Bulacan, we decided to wait them at Bocaue.  They arrived at around 10:45PM. There is 10 motocycles with 3 of them with backride and 1 SUV with 5 persons in it. 


Day 1: Gas station (Bocaue, Bulacan) 
Right after the first full tank, we headed our way to North. Driving for just around 80-110 kph only. It has been a long drive, every after 2-3 hours we stopped in a gasoline station for full tank. It's quite hard because it's dark along the way and we both sleepy but of course you can't sleep for you may not be able to woke up again( awwwww!!!). Around 3:00AM we reached La Union, we rest for a few minutes for coffee..then drive drive drive again..

We reached Ilocos Sur at around 9:00AM..we just rest for a while and eat breakfast in a nearby carenderia. I thought we are already in our destination, I didn't realize that Ilocos Sur is a few hours drive to Ilocos Norte. ..drive drive drive again. Then we reached Vigan just on time before we run out of gas.  


Picture...picture...
Vigan, Ilocos Sur

And since we were already in Vigan, I didn't miss the chance of eating the authentic Vigan Empanada experience. This is the best seller street food in Vigan. It is made up of Vigan longganisa, vegetables and filling of egg wrapped in a rice flour crust and deep fried. I  remember the first time I tasted it when we happen to pass by in one of the stall in Mall of Asia and when we were amazed on the way they prepare their empanada, especially when they cook it fresh right before your eyes. So, If you are craving to try Vigan Empanada but you don't have time to travel that far, well this could be a good option for you.


and to sum up our 5 day adventure in Ilocos Norte, Philippines here's the video.


If you happen to visit the Philippines, one of the tourist spot that you shouldn't miss is Ilocos Norte.
I will post the details of our North Adventure here soon.

I've heard that the next trip would take the "North Loop" by November this year...oh my...
I love Philippines!


Special Thanks to:
for always accommodating us in his rest house and for the Lunch treat

Mayor Crescente Garcia
Burgos, Ilocos Norte



No comments:

Post a Comment